Volunteeering at Stocker Rd
Help us develop and maintain Stocker Rd while we live at Homestead Vihara.
We are a small community with two monks who according to tradition cannot drive cars. To avoid burdening the resident lay man we have a number of people who we can call upon to drive us to appointments, teaching engagements and shopping trips. If you’re in the Gosnells area you can give us your contact details and we may give you a call from time to time. Please note that the vinaya (more or less) requires another man in the vehicle.
We’ve now got a todo list for the Stables project. This page will be updated regularly so you can see our progress and perhaps help out with one thing or another:
- Carpenter to build the frame for our stud walls and ceilings.
- Extend the roof structure over the patio area and around the building.
- Concrete slab around the building.
- Drainage from the roof to the natural watercourse to the dam.
- Install solar panels.
- Plumbing for bathrooms, kitchen & hot water system.
- Electrical wiring.
- Install the insulation batts, mass loaded vinyl and gyprock for the walls and ceiling.
- Gyprock flushing and hard to reach parts.
- Install the doors & windows.
- Disabled bathroom to be fitted out to Australian standards.
- Tile and fit out the toilets and bathrooms.
- Finish carpentry (skirting boards, etc)
- Install AC.
- Flooring & carpeting.
- Kitchen cabinets, benches, stoves, range hood.
- Submit “Notice of Completion” form.
- Move in!
If you are interested in helping out, there is a form to record your details.