Access to the website and forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to the website and forum

I didn't have access to the Dhammaloka's website and the forum for a couple of days. The page said "The website is temporary suspended". Was I the only one who experienced the difficulties, or others were having the same problem too?

Yes, me too Ara.

Stuart
    xxx

Comment

I wonder what happened. ..

Comment

The front page appeared to have been hacked shortly before the whole site was suspended. So I'm guessing that the provider pulled the site to clear it up. But I'm just guessing Ara.

Stuart
        xxx

Comment

Good guess, Stuart. Every time I log in, there is a bunch of weird names that appear next to mine. I let the admin know several months ago, but I guess it's not that easy to clean up the database. It would be nice to hear from the admin, maybe we can help to solve the problem somehow?

Comment

dear ara,

i had the same experience unable to log on. after i saw the error on the website, i realized that something was going on. our webadmin pj is actually working on how to address spammers. i also have seen the weird names you mentioned.

anjali ca metta.

russ

Comment

Originally posted by Ara Danielyan View Post
              Good guess, Stuart. Every time I log in, there is a bunch of weird names that appear next to mine. I let the admin know several months ago, but I guess it's not that easy to clean up the database. It would be nice to hear from the admin, maybe we can help to solve the problem somehow?
              Hackers and spammers. PJ and I have been trying to ban and delete them as we can. There are a lot. Sorry for my brevity as I'm on an iPad and not prolific with it. I can't think of anything you can do at present,but the thought is nice. Be well.

Comment

Jerrod, thanks to you and PJ for cleaning up the place. If you need more eyes and keyboards, please let us know, I am sure many of the members will be happy to help.

Take care,
                Ara

Comment

Originally posted by Ara Danielyan View Post
                  Jerrod, thanks to you and PJ for cleaning up the place. If you need more eyes and keyboards, please let us know, I am sure many of the members will be happy to help.

Take care,
                  Ara
                  Yes I am ready to help too!! Thank you Jerrod, thank you PJ!

With much metta,
                  Rudite

Comment

Hello all,

Definitely a hacker, the website had been completely changed. Why anyone would want to hack a Buddhist website is beyond me, but anyway, thanks Jerrod and PJ for putting the website back up/constantly defending it from hackers and spammers. If help is possible consider me signed up.

Scott

Comment

I haven't been able to access the Dhammaloka web sites for the last couple of days. I did notice that they were up briefly in a new format. As Bswa.org but that since the initial re-direct, I can't get a connection anymore.

The online community page seems unaffected.

Cheers

Mara

Comment

Yes Strangely I wasn't aware of anything going on as far as a new site but since looking into it apparently that is what's happening. I don't have any answers for you as far as whether this site is going to change at all. We shall see.

Comment

Thanks Jerrod and

Happy New Year. Whatever the next year brings, may it include peace and happiness for you and your family.

Comment

Working...
                          X