The Birth of Siddhartha.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mahisha,
    What an amazing and wonderful set of free Dhamma resources that is - Thank-you for the link. I just started looking at the one 'the miracle of contact'

Comment

Hello Mara, you are welcome!

I haven't read that one yet - will probably do so soon.... in between the other series that I am on.....
      Did read the Magic of the Mind... and that was useful too.....

It's impossible to get these books at a bookshop here in paper format - as the Ven has an explicit wish that it not be sold.....
      But, there are places where we can get the printed copy (free) - and, online, thankfully....

Enjoy, Mahisha

Comment

Hi Jerrod, I am not a teacher or a preacher hence, I can honestly express my opinion without fear or favor. As a seeker, I may be wrong or right but that does not bother me for I have nothing to lose but to gain from experiencing the world for what it is. So, don’t worry I won’t misunderstand you. But I know the Forum thinks I have ulterior motives. Well, if that is their belief, what can I do?
        No one can explain Dependent Origination the Dhamma. Siddhartha simply referred to it as an empty process where there is no beginning and no end. A one who tries to explain or write books on this process is embarking on a witch hunt. He is fooling himself and fooling others. The so-called Dependent Origination in Buddhism the ‘Paticca Samupada’ is nothing more than a vicious cycle to keep their ignorant followers going around in circles as you will see from the following article. Regards. Bradley.
        Last edited by Jerrod Lopes; 13th-December-2017, 03:30 PM. Reason: Removed prohibited material

Comment

Hi Mahisha, Sorry for the delay in replying your thread. The 'Dhamma' the world of duality or the Dependent Origination is the source of your thought process and naturally to neutralize it you alone can and must observe your 'Chitta' arising and passing away dependent on conditions. As to your 2nd question, the thought process is unique to each and every one of us never the same for two moments. Hence your thought proces that reflects your Dhamma cannot be found in so called sacred books and suttas. They contain second-hand knowledge worthless to a seeker. The danger is, you will for ever be trapped in a world of others who themselves are groping in the dark, lost and confused. You have a choice, either you can join them or seek your own way within to go beyond mind and matter. I hope you will chose the latter. Best regards. Bradley.

Comment

Thank you Bradly, that was a clear answer (the one written to me), but still does not answer the question about where you found the two quotes that I asked about in #6.
            But I do disagree with the content of your answer.
            Also, you are invariably listening to someone - at the moment, Paul Hess's writing, and not say Sutta, or, any other teacher of the Thai Tradition - including Ajhan Braham.
            Sutta nor Ajhan Braham contain the truth - they "just" point out to the way - per the Buddha Dhamma. That's why most of us are here.

Your motive appears to be to "correct" Buddhists - at least, that's how I see it.
            And given that you were not open about it, I would classify that as ulterior - though you perhaps mean it in good faith.
            The thing is, I would have been open if you were straight from the beginning.

I was also thinking about more about mis-representing the Buddha Gotama - and I also see some monks doing the same..... Sadly, this is what it is.
            While YouTube etc makes it easier to disseminate the Dhamma (as set forth by the Buddha), I suppose it also makes it easier for people to misrepresent the Buddha....
            But there are good monks and nuns in various corners of the world, and if we are lucky enough, we'd find them.

Peace be with you, and, may all of us succeed.

In the Buddha Dhamma - the way out, is the noble eight fold path.

And what, bhikkhus, is that middle way awakened to by the Tathagata, which gives rise to vision … which leads to Nibbāna?
            It is this Noble Eightfold Path; that is, right view, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, right concentration.
            This, bhikkhus, is that middle way awakened to by the Tathagata, which gives rise to vision, which gives rise to knowledge, which leads to peace, to direct knowledge, to enlightenment, to Nibbāna.
            https://suttacentral.net/en/sn56.11

“One who sees dependent origination sees the Dhamma; one who sees the Dhamma sees dependent origination.”
            https://suttacentral.net/en/mn28

Comment

Please know that I have prohibited articles that are antithetical to the aims of this site. I made this clear on another thread recently. They are not to be introduced or linked to in the body of a post, or posted on their own. Violators may be banned or completely removed from the site.
              Thanks for not forcing me to ban otherwise wonderful people.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information