No announcement yet.

Daily Verse... Daily realizations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you so much James for posting this wonderful Sutta. It will be placed among my " most favourtie" I so agree with you that there are SOME who haven't caught up to the 21st Century yet, but, as long as they are still breathing I guess there's still hope.
    I also couldn't agree more about reading the Suttas. With the help of Bhikkhu Bodhi's e-course after months and months I am almost through the Majjhima Nikaya and I highly recommend it to everyone. The book, which is essential, can be found on either Amazon. Com or Amazon.Ca. The best thing about this course is that it is explained in detail. The background material is given and gone into in depth. He has also linked the different Sutta with similar teaching together so one gains a deeper insight into the meaning. This course as doubled the understanding of the teaching as opposed to just reading them on one's own. Oh yes, for those who are Pali Students, lots and lots of explanation there which must be very helpful to them. Here is the link:

Comment

• http://bodhimonastery.org/a-systemat...ma-nikaya.html

Comment

• "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, just makes more work for ophthalmologists and dentists" - Ajahn Brahm

Comment

• "when we laugh, we're all included" Ajahn Brahm

Comment

• "you're not gonna get cured here, you're gonna get cared for here." Ajahn Brahm

Comment

• "If you want to keep your lay life and your responsibilities and so on, that's your suffering" Ajahn Sujato

Comment

• Russ,

This goes well with something I've been contemplating for a few weeks now. I think something very similar could be said for realizing Nibbana. Either you choose enlightenment, or you choose to keep looking and hoping for something even better. Sorry to hijack your thread, it just struck a chord with me. Thanks for the posts.

Comment

• Jerrod,

No apologies necessary. I share the same understanding as you

Sukhi hotu.

Mettanca,
                  Russ

Comment

• Originally posted by James Taeza View Post
                    "If you want to keep your lay life and your responsibilities and so on, that's your suffering" Ajahn Sujato
                    LOL!

Aj Sujato might be laughing his head off if he knew what I am up to now.

***sigh***

Delusion and defilement are so strong, are they not?

***sigh***

Comment

• Originally posted by Dheerayupa Sukonthapanthu View Post
                      LOL!

Aj Sujato might be laughing his head off if he knew what I am up to now.

***sigh***

Delusion and defilement are so strong, are they not?

***sigh***
                      Dear Dheera,

_/|\_ Namaskaram!

LOL....suffering and happiness can't be separated, that's the dukkha of it all isn't it

This is just my understanding and from my own practice (drawing from the suttas). Defilement and delusion seems to be the strongest when I think they are mine and that they belong to me (how they love and feed on that). But when I remind myself and accept that they are a parcel of existence and that they are only experiences (with causes), then they are easier to manage and lessen

Hope you've had a great vassa.

with kindfulness,
                      Russ

Comment

• "The PRESENT is a gift...it's what the world gives us...we don't have to do anything to be in the present....allow ourselves to be given the present" Ajahn Sujato

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWNoa...dTG_SXUp6IAWmQ

I find this one of the most practical and simple instruction on bhavana.

Comment

• "The past is in-if-able...we cannot "if" the past...that's why the past being in-if-able means you just live it alone. Any mistakes, remember the mistakes and laugh about them" Ajahn Brahm

Comment

• "we've got so much stress trying to make things happen, we've lost the art of enjoying where we are" Ajahn Brahm

Comment

• From the Bahiya Sutta; "Where water, earth, fire, & wind have no footing:
                              There the stars don't shine, the sun isn't visible.
                              There the moon doesn't appear.
                              There darkness is not found.
                              And when a sage, a brahman through sagacity, has realized [this] for himself,
                              then from form & formless, from bliss & pain,
                              he is freed. "

Comment

• One may not be skilled in the knowing others’ thoughts but at least one can make this resolve: ‘I will be skilled in knowing my own thoughts.’

Sacitta, Aṅguttara Nikāya 10.5

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information