Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names of the Suttas you mentioned in Benefits Of Reading The Suttas

Dear Ajahn Brahmali,

Would you please tell us the name of the sutta which you mentioned told a story of a mountain and two men's different outlook, and the one in which the Buddha said that people in the future would listen to poetry and Savika rather than to the dhamma?

With great respect,

dheerayupa

Dear Dheerayupa,

I am guessing you are referring to MN125, the Dantabhumi Sutta, "The Grade of the Tamed". The simile of the two men, one at the foot of the mountain and the other at the top, is found at the beginning of that sutta.

The sutta where the Buddha speaks of the danger of listening to all sorts of teachings except the profound teachings of the Tathāgata is AN5:79.

With metta.

Comment

Thank you so much, Ajahn.

Please forgive my ignorance, but do you livestream Sutta studies? If so, can you post questions for the Q&A session at the end of the lesson? Also, where can we get in advance the info on what Sutta to be taught?

With deepest regards,

Comment

Yes, sutta studies are live-streamed. You can ask questions during the talk. I am not exactly sure how this works, but have a look here. The sutta to be taught will sometimes be advertised here.

With metta.

Comment

Thank you, Ajahn.

See you (yes, I will see you but you won't see me) this Friday!

Lots of metta to whoever provides the BSWA with the Internet and livestreaming capability and to those who manage them!

With great respect to you, Ajahn.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information