Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question after listening to Buddhism and Atheism by AB

Dear Ajahns,

In Buddhism and Atheism talk, ajahn brahm, talks about how maha brahma is the first one to descend from the jhana realms .. and the rest of us came afterwards... so does that mean, we all were in jhana realms before ? if so, why on earth (or beyond) was there a mass exodus from jhana realms to this world full of suffering?
    so, is meditation like a journey back home, going back to where we first started in jhana realms?

thanks in advance
    Kindu

Dear Kindu,

so does that mean, we all were in jhana realms before ?
    I can only speculate, but I think beings may be in a variety of realms at the begining of a cosmological aeon. Some good, some not so good. To be born in a Jhana realm in the first place seems to me to be a very fortunate rebirth and pretty rare.

if so, why on earth (or beyond) was there a mass exodus from jhana realms to this world full of suffering?
    I think naturally as evolution takes place birth in human form will occur. Some devas will fall from the heavens, other beings will rise from the lower realm. I don't think of it as an exodus, just a natural occurance over time.

With metta,

Bhante Jhanarato

Comment

Working...
    X

Debug Information