Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathina offerings of robes

Dear Ajahn Brahmali,

Aloha! I would like to inquire how I may be able to do kathina offerings of robes to the Perth Sangha of monks and nuns? I've never done one and would like my son and I to start doing kathina offerings when the rains are over this year. Living so far away from Perth, how can we accomplish this aspiration? To be able to observe this wonderful tradition of offering robes to the Sangha would greatly bring us happiness

Anjali and Metta.

with great respect,
    Russell

Dear Russell,

Your kind intentions are much appreciated! However, the truth is that we do not really need robes at Bodhinyana Monastery. As far as the basic requisites of monastic life are concerned, our two monasteries in Perth are very well supported. We normally actively discourage people form giving robes, because we tend to get inundated! If you would like to make an offering, a monetary one would be much more useful for our Buddhist Society. You could, for example, give a donation towards our nuns' monastery building fund. There is great demand for more accommodation at our nuns' monastery (lots of women want to become Buddhist nuns) and they also need a proper Dhamma hall. The plans are already in place and the fund raising has begun, but they still have long way to go. Just a suggestion. If you wish, we could then symbolically offer one of our existing robes in your name at the kathina ceremony.

With metta.

Comment

Venerable Ajahn Brahmali,

Aloha! Venerable Sir, oh I see I'm very glad that the monks and nuns are doing very well with requisites over there in Perth Understood. Will do as you suggest. This year my son and I started our own little tradition to give monetary support during our birthdays and we gave to the nuns monastery and Sala Appeal. Also we give monetary support every six months or whenever we have saved enough to give alternately to both monasteries however since the Venerable Bhikkunis are in need of a bigger Dhamma Hall what my son and I will do is we'll redirect our contributions to the Sala Appeal. Thank you for suggesting to offer an existing robe in behalf of our names. It would bring us great blessings and happiness if a robe will be offered during the kathina. May the present and future generations of Bhikkunis and novices, including women who go to Dhammasara for refuge benefit from our humble offerings. We're extremely blessed and fortunate to be a part of this Buddhist Society.

Hands pressed together in reverence. Anjali and metta.

with aloha and respect,
      Russell

Comment

Dear Russell,

I will ensure that a robe gets offered in your and your son's name at our kathina ceremony on Sunday 4th November.

With very best wishes and metta.

Comment

Venerable Ajahn Brahmali,

Aloha! Venerable Sir, words can not express our gratitude. Rěnshù (忍恕 - Yen Shoo) and I send you our heartfelt thanks for your thoughtfulness and kindness for giving us this opportunity. We are indeed truly blessed! Thank you so very much!

Bowing down with hands pressed in gratitude. Anjali and metta.

with great respect,
          Russell & Rěnshù

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information