Emptiness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emptiness

Hi Ven. Sanyo, Appreciate your comments on 'Emptiness'. I just received the following article from a friend on the same subject that seems to present a different opinion. Your thoughts on it pls. Thank you. Regards. Bradley.
    IS BUDDHISM THE ‘WORD OF SIDDHARTHA’?
    By Paul Hess
    Emptiness.
    Buddhism being a religion a conception of man is not based on reality but on the principal of ‘Cause and Effect’ the way the ignorant perceive the world where ‘space and time’ exist. In other words, ‘This is because that is’. Hence the term ‘Emptiness’ is irrelevant in Buddhism.
    However, in Dhamma there is neither ‘This nor that’ but energy reacting on energy an empty process beyond space and time and therefore beyond words and can only be experienced within each and every one of us. Hence Siddhartha revealed the ‘Sathipatthana’ for the seeker to experience this process within i.e. the body, feeling and ‘chitta’ the thought process we perceive as ‘I’, are in fact just ‘Dhamma’ the Dependent Origination, arising and passing away dependent on conditions never the same for two moments, empty of a self.
    ‘As long as we live in a world dominated by religions we will always
    remain in thrall to their ‘holy men’ and their ‘sacred books’ unable
    to comprehend anything beyond them.’

That's not a very well written article. I suggest you read the ones I posted before.

Metta,
    Sunyo

Comment

Working...
    X

Debug Information