Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realisation of the khandas

Dear friends,

After quite a while I had a major breakthrough in understanding Dhamma. Quite suddenly, like a door to a much bigger chamber opening, I think I understood some fundamental points of the teachings. I'll try to summarise it here and I would be very much interested in views of the others and perhaps further specific reading to deepen this thinking.

The 'change' happened as I managed to picture the world in 4D. The main problem there has been the 'linear' thinking and the concept of time. This does not exist and inhibits us from seeing reality - the continuum.

If we imagine a picture of Van Gogh - there is not one dot that is uncovered, where there is no paint. Such is the continuum. There is no vacuum - it's all 'solid' - filled with the substance. Our senses are misleading us and much more, beyond the senses - the five khandas. This is where we get stuck, captured by the khandas. In fact the continuum is endless and everything is interconnected, just like the Van Gogh painting. Therefore there is no time, or rather the perceived linear movement is only a different perceived recompositioning of the continuum - the impermanence of everything we believe we see, know, feel... Therefore all we 'experience' through the khandas is their own product, the result of the conditioning we've been subjected to. Now, if we could switch off the brain (the chatter), we become a part of the continuum uninhibited by our own matter, experiences, perceptions, volitions and consciousness. This is where the meditation comes in - it enables us to 'switch off'. That brings the linear time into the here and now, which is the infinitely small point in time, the very time frozen, perhaps some form of the black hole, as the science calls it.

The 'energy', which are the units of life in the continuum may produce metta and as such can be 'recognised', the living beings (everything else is our own product of the khandas and thus leads to suffering). This is why we need to treat them with metta too, it's like treating ourselves with metta - we are all interconnected. Yet nothing really moves, nothing even ages. Death is nothing but recompositioning and attachment of an energy to another set of five khandas. Here's where the suffering comes in: we become attached to what our khandas manufacture and don't see the full picture because of the attachment. This then creates the dukkha - we falsely crave for something that is the product of our khandas, and it starts spinning the samsara. Learning to live in the here and in the now, unattached, spreading metta and being a part of the one is the path to nibbana.

This realisation gave me a very powerful unworldly pleasant feeling, knowing that the worldly pleasant feelings are nothing but conditionings, products of the khandas.

There are a lot of other aspects to this, but this is how I see the essence of the universe, of the totality, of the continuum. Going through Dhamma and reading the word of the Buddha makes total sense once I came to this understanding.

Apologies if I troubled you with my 'revelation', especially as it oversimplifies a lot of issues. It's been so overwhelming, I had to share it...

With metta,

Boris (of sorts)
Working...
X

Debug Information