Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ajahn Brahm in Thailand end of 2016/beginning 2017?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ajahn Brahm in Thailand end of 2016/beginning 2017?

Hello all,
    I've decided to winter in the Chiang Mai area this year and am hoping Ajahn Brahm will be visiting Thailand at some point in the next 6 months (October-April). I would check the calendar if it were working
    Is there another place I can check?

I would visit Australia directly, but 2 weeks in Australia without having any personal connections would probably end up costing the same as a month here in Chiang Mai. Unless I happen upon a small mountain of baht any way...

With Metta,
    Dan

Keep watching the link below from time to time. Introduce yourself to Dheerayupa Sukontapanthu. If AB is going to be in Thailand, she'll know about it. Be well.

http://cms.bodhinyana.org.au/events/

Comment

Very good! Thank you, I'll watch for updates.

Comment

Lodging for out-of-towners

Originally posted by Daniel Wright View Post
        Hello all,
        I've decided to winter in the Chiang Mai area this year and am hoping Ajahn Brahm will be visiting Thailand at some point in the next 6 months (October-April). I would check the calendar if it were working
        Is there another place I can check?

I would visit Australia directly, but 2 weeks in Australia without having any personal connections would probably end up costing the same as a month here in Chiang Mai. Unless I happen upon a small mountain of baht any way...

With Metta,
        Dan
        Hi Dan,

I am an American, and checked out the cost of visiting Australia. It's expensive! If I had the money, I would build an organic/farm/bed and Buddhism lodging place so that everyone who was needy could stay there without charge. Oh, well. I'm always the dreamer!

Comment

Dear Dan,

Visiting Australia could be expensive, but visiting the Bodhinyana Sangha is not.

You could write to the Bodhinyana Sangha and ask if they have a room to spare (they have only 3, and they are always full). No money charged. You stay there for free accommodation and free food. You just have to get yourself to the Serpentine Railway Station, and the monastery will get someone to collect you there.

If there's no room available at the monastery, you could book a room at Jhana Grove. It will cost you about 30 dollars a day, but you could walk to Bodhinyana for free food.

I knew no one when I first went to Bodhinyana. It was not a scary experience at all.

As for Ajahn Brahm in Thailand, at the moment, I've heard nothing. He came to Thailand in late September for an ASEAN Buddhist conference just for a day.

From Christmas to New Year, Ajahn Brahmali is giving a sutta retreat in Bangkok, organised by Bodhinyana Singapore. It is not very cheap.

With much metta,

dheerayupa

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information