Sunday, 11th April, 2021.
Songkran Celebrations Programme (Buddhist New Year)
Held in Conjunction with the Thai Cultural Community of WA.
7.00 – 8.00 am. Set up
8.00 – 10.30 am. Offer food to monks and nuns in front of the Dhamma Hall (standing Buddha lawn).
9.30 – 10.00 am. Meditation in the Dhamma Hall
10.00 – 10.30 am. Buddhist chanting and Taking of the 3 Refuges and 5 – 8 Precepts, (Dhamma Hall)
10.30 – 12.00 Noon Sharing of food. Free food at the tent near Soi Dao booth. (BSWA Carpark)
12.00 – 12.30 pm. Participate in bathing Buddha statue and monks.
1.00 – 2.00 pm Clean up
Also during the day:
Experience and enjoy Thai culture and enjoy free delicious Thai cuisine
View Thai traditional performances
* Enjoy raffle prizes drawn at Soi Dow booth from 9.00 am onwards
- As Parking availability is limited, please carpool or use public transport. The BSWA carpark is reserved for food. Parking on Constance Park will be allowed and also at Nollamara Primary School. No parking on corners or on footpaths. Drive safely and be patient
2. Due to the COVID 19, the schedule of this year’s Songkran Program is in line with the COVID 19 measures required by the government. So please scan the WA Safe App, or sign in upon your arrival, use hand sanitizer, maintain Social Distancing of 1.5 m and occupancy limits.
3. Food can be consumed wherever space permits, eg, Community Hall, Patio area and Constance Park
- Volunteers will be needed for set-up, parking and clean-up
- All times are flexible – subject to impermanence.
Traditional done at Home:
“Spring clean” your house and shrine/shelf, washing the Buddha Statues and washing the hands of your parents and elders
We look forward to seeing you there!