Teacher: Bianca Di Bua
Session Three: Meditation in Action / Mindfulness. Sitting meditation is very good for developing concentration and more refined states of mind. However, it’s important to be able to incorporate meditation into one’s daily life so that ordinary activities also become a form of meditation.
The Introduction to Meditation course is a 4 week course. It begins on the first Saturday of each month. Participants are encouraged to attend all four sessions consecutively in order to build their understanding and practice of meditation. If you happen to miss one session it is possible to attend that session in the following month.
The course is free of charge and can be repeated.
- First Session ‘Meditation Overview’ – Saturday, 2nd July 2022
- Second Session ‘The Five Hindrances’ – Saturday, 9th July 2022
- Third Session ‘Meditation in Action / Mindfulness’ – Saturday, 16th July 2022
- Fourth Session ‘Loving Kindness Meditation’ – Saturday, 23th July 2022
Please come in comfortable and modest clothing. You are welcome to bring your own meditation cushion/stool. If not, we have plenty of cushions/stools available and also chairs for those who prefer it.
Time – 3.00 pm – 4.15 pm
Venue – Community Hall, Dhammaloka Buddhist Centre, 18 Nanson Way, Nollamara WA 6061
Visitors need to observe the following procedures:
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with a suspected case of COVID-19
- Make use of the hand sanitiser stations and wash hands
- Sign the attendance sheet upon arrival
- Maintain 1.5 square metre distancing with 2 square metres per person at all times
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth; cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging or physical touching