Teacher: Peter Smith
Session Four: Loving Kindness Meditation. Loving kindness is a state of mind that encompasses feelings of friendliness, goodwill, benevolence, fellowship, amity, concord, inoffensiveness and non-violence.
The Introduction to Meditation course is a 4 week course. It begins on the first Saturday of each month. Participants are encouraged to attend all four sessions consecutively in order to build their understanding and practice of meditation. If you happen to miss one session it is possible to attend that session in the following month.
The course is free of charge and can be repeated.
- First Session ‘Meditation Overview’ – Saturday, 6th August 2022
- Second Session ‘The Five Hindrances’ – Saturday, 13th August 2022
- Third Session ‘Meditation in Action / Mindfulness’ – Saturday, 20th August 2022
- Fourth Session ‘Loving Kindness Meditation’ – Saturday, 27th August 2022
Please come in comfortable and modest clothing. You are welcome to bring your own meditation cushion/stool. If not, we have plenty of cushions/stools available and also chairs for those who prefer it.
Time – 3.00 pm – 4.15 pm
Venue – Community Hall, Dhammaloka Buddhist Centre, 18 Nanson Way, Nollamara WA 6061
Visitors need to observe the following procedures:
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with a suspected case of COVID-19
- Make use of the hand sanitiser stations and wash hands
- Sign the attendance sheet upon arrival
- Maintain 1.5 square metre distancing with 2 square metres per person at all times
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth; cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging or physical touching