Kalyana Friendship Community is an inclusive community of compassionate humans from all age groups that meet twice a month to listen to each other & cultivate mindfulness practices inspired by the Buddhist path to contentment & peace that help shape a happy society while respecting each other’s spiritual backgrounds.
We meet up to meditate, engage in awareness talks, spiritual teachings, retreats, music evenings, movie nights, picnics, hikes & all other special events and aim to provide a platform where like-minded people can come together and support each other on the journey of life. All are welcome – from practicing Buddhists to those who are maybe just interested in particular aspects of Buddhism, like meditation, and would like to find out more.
Sessions are facilitated by a member of the monastic community (or a Lay Teacher during Rains Retreat 10 July – 16 October 2022).
No bookings required.
When: 2nd and 4th Saturday of the Month.
Time: 5.00pm to 6.00pm
Where: Dhammaloka City Centre, 18 Nanson Way, Nollamara
Visitors need to observe the following procedures:
Masks must be worn at all times inside any building and also outside, if social distancing is not possible (subject to change in line with most current government guidelines)
- Check if you have been to an exposure site and if you have, follow the corresponding health advice issued for that location
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with a suspected case of COVID-19
Sign in with the attendance sheet or scan QR code upon arrival for contact tracing in case of COVID incident
- Make use of the hand sanitiser stations and wash hands
- Sign the attendance sheet upon arrival
- Maintain 1.5 square metre distancing with 2 square metres per person at all times
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth; cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging or physical touching