Come join us to find out the true meaning of love with a talk and guided metta meditation with Ajahn Brahm and Sandra Henville.
This will be followed by a beautiful session of gentle music with well loved local musician, Justin Bell.
A special valentines to truly practice the love for yourself, for others, and for all sentient beings.
Kalyana Friendship Community is an inclusive community of compassionate humans from all age groups that meet twice a month to listen to each other & cultivate mindfulness practices inspired by the Buddhist path to contentment & peace that help shape a happy society while respecting each other’s spiritual backgrounds.
We meet up to meditate, engage in awareness talks, spiritual teachings, retreats, music evenings, movie nights, picnics, hikes & all other special events and aim to provide a platform where like-minded people can come together and support each other on the journey of life. All are welcome – from practicing Buddhists to those who are maybe just interested in particular aspects of Buddhism, like meditation, and would like to find out more.
Sessions are facilitated by a member of the monastic community. No bookings required.
When: 2nd and 4th Saturday of the Month.
Time: 5.00pm to 6.00pm
Where: Dhammaloka City Centre, 18 Nanson Way, Nollamara
Visitors need to observe the following procedures:
- Masks must be worn at all times inside any building and also outside, if social distancing is not possible (subject to change in line with most current government guidelines)
- Check if you have been to an exposure site and if you have, follow the corresponding health advice issued for that location
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with a suspected case of COVID-19
- Sign in with the attendance sheet or scan QR code upon arrival for contact tracing in case of COVID incident
- Make use of the hand sanitiser stations and wash hands
- Sign the attendance sheet upon arrival
- Maintain 1.5 square metre distancing with 2 square metres per person at all times
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth; cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging or physical touching