Bodhinyana Monks Katina Ceremony 2020: Sunday 4th October
PLEASE NOTE: This year due to COVID we ask that everyone strictly adheres to the 1.5 meter social distancing of people from other households. Also please be prompt in following signs and guidelines at ceremony so that we can all keep safe; and do our bit to follow the government recommendations and restrictions.
Location: Jhana Grove Retreat Center (click here for directions)
Date: Sunday 4th of October
Jhana Grove Main Hall Maximum: 256 people.
- From 8.45am – Park at Jhana Grove or Bodhinyana Monastery.
- From 9.15am – Follow the directions of the parking attendant, and avoid parking on Kingsbury Drive.
- 9.45am – Jhana Grove; Chanting, Blessing & Talk by Ajahn Brahm in main hall
- 10.30am – Dana and shared lunch.
- 12.15pm – Kathina Ceremony starts.
- 1.15pm onwards – Ceremony ends/ everyone who wishes, helps with clean-up.
Rice Pindapat: Cancelled (to help us adhere to the government restrictions)
Tours of property are also cancelled this year.
Compostable plates & cutlery are available. Please wash kitchen dishes at home if possible to help avoid congestion in the kitchen area.
Dana Gift offerings and Donations for the Katina ceremony
- Robes will be available for offering by voluntary donation
- Dana of requisites for the monks and gifts may be offered on the day
- Money donations will be placed on the ‘donation trees’, also envelopes with cheques are accepted.
If people prefer to donate beforehand via online bank transfer the details are:BSB: 306 073 Account: 0686958 Narration: Kathina