Kathina End of Rains for Bodhinyana Monastery: Sunday 20th October
Held at Jhana Grove Retreat Centre (click here for directions)
- From 8.30am – Park at Jhana Grove or…
- From 9.00 am – Follow the directions of the parking attendant, and avoid parking on Kingsbury Drive. People may start to park at Bodhinyana Monastery and along scarp road & walk to Jhana Grove (about 800 metres) at this time also if they wish.
- 9.30am – Jhana Grove; Chanting, Blessing & Talk by Ajahn Brahm in main hall
- 10am – Pindabat (Monks alms round around JG)
- 10.30am – Dana and shared lunch.
- 12.30pm – Kathina Ceremony starts.
- 1.30pm onwards – Ceremony ends/ everyone who wishes, helps with clean-up.
Dana Gift offerings and Donations for the Katina ceremony
- Robes will be available for offering by voluntary donation
- Dana of requisites for the monks and gifts may be offered on the day
- Money donations will be placed on the ‘donation trees’, also envelopes with cheques are accepted.
If people prefer to donate beforehand via online bank transfer the details are:BSB: 306 037 Account: 1063 018 Narration: Kathina
- Funds raised from this Kathina will be going towards the new dwelling near Albany, ‘Bodhinyana Great Southern’ and the requisites will be available to all the monks who have fulfilled the mediation rains retreat.