Every year, the monastic community (Monks and nuns) go on a three month retreat called the “Rains Retreat” from mid July to mid October. During this period, they do not visit our centres for teachings as it’s a time for deepening their own practice.
While the monks and nuns are away, we will have some interesting guest speakers coming in to give the Friday Night talk.
Friday Night Community Night & Free Screening of ‘Finding Joe’
Our final community night will entail a screening of the magical, inspiring and potentially life changing documentary Finding Joe, by film maker Patrick Takaya Solomon.
Doors will open from 7pm with soup and nibbles. Our usual meditation will be at 7.30pm and the screening will commence at 8pm.
We will have chairs and cushions (and heating!) but feel free to bring cushions or blankets for your comfort.
This is a family friendly event and all are welcome.
Please note we cannot eat or drink in the meditation hall. We have a separate reception area where food and drinks will be served, or you can BYO.
You can register for this event here.
Here is a poster of the upcoming Rains Retreat Guest Speakers: Rains Retreat Guest Speakers for September & October 2020
Or visit: Rains Retreat Speakers
(The Sangha return on Friday the 9th of October 2020).
Visitors need to observe the following procedures:
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with a suspected case of COVID-19
- Make use of the hand sanitiser stations and wash hands
- Maintain 1.5 square metre distancing with 2 square metres per person at all times
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth; cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging or physical touching