Every year, the monastic community (Monks and nuns) go on a three month retreat called the “Rains Retreat” from mid July to mid October. During this period, they do not visit our centres for teachings as it’s a time for deepening their own practice.
While the monks and nuns are away, we will have some interesting guest speakers coming in to give the Friday Night talk.
Care Group: Gift of Listening
This will be a short workshop style session on the art of deep listening and being truly present. This valuable skill is not only of immense benefit when supporting others in these turbulent times, but a skill that is truly beneficial for one’s own practice. Sitting without judgement and truly allowing space for expression is a rare gift these days.
You can book for this free event here.
Visitors need to observe the following procedures:
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with a suspected case of COVID-19
- Make use of the hand sanitiser stations and wash hands
- Maintain 1.5 square metre distancing with 2 square metres per person at all times
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth; cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging or physical touching