Every year, the monastic community (Monks and nuns) go on a three month retreat called the “Rains Retreat” from mid July to mid October. During this period, they do not visit our centres for teachings as it’s a time for deepening their own practice.
While the monks and nuns are away, we will have some interesting guest speakers coming in to give the Friday Night talk.
Eve Kermack & Darrell Brown: Power of Vulnerability
“Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change” Brene Brown.
Opening up to our shared human experiences can be such a liberating process, transforming shame into the most powerful gift of a lesson for life. In a workshop last month we spoke about the art of listening and how to be there for someone else. This time around we focus on the gift you can give yourself in opening up to vulnerability.
We are lucky to have not one but two amazing facilitators and speakers, Eve Kermack and Darrell Brown, join us for the night to speak about vulnerability, what it means and its healing potential. They will share their lived experiences and stories, bringing balance from both the feminine and masculine perspectives, and will also open up the floor for an interactive night.
You can book for this free event here.
We apologise for any inconvenience but due to technical issues this event is not able to be live-streamed.
Visitors need to observe the following procedures:
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with a suspected case of COVID-19
- Make use of the hand sanitiser stations and wash hands
- Maintain 1.5 square metre distancing with 2 square metres per person at all times
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth; cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging or physical touching