Movie Night: A life of Kindfulness
We are kick starting our Rains Retreat Program for 2022 with a film made to celebrate our beloved Ajahn Brahm’s 70th birthday last year.
Ajahn Brahm has touched the lives of so many people all around the world, regardless of religion, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age. The internet is plastered with thank yous from thousands of people, for not only saving their life and getting them through hard times, but also bringing joy and meaning to their life.
He has worked tirelessly to serve the community since ordaining at 23 and he continues to do so with retirement nowhere in sight.
Come join us to celebrate this extraordinarily inspiring human being for what will be no doubt a very uplifting night.
Everyone is welcome for this family friendly event. Bring any cushions and blankets to make yourself comfortable.
Programme for the night:
6:30pm: Doors open for non-alcoholic drinks and nibbles
7:30pm: Guided meditation (Ajahn Brahm’s Recording)
8:00pm: Film with intro from filmmakers followed by Q&A
Please note this is a drug and alcohol free venue
All are welcome!
Visitors please observe the following procedures:
(subject to change in line with most current government guidelines)
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with a suspected case of COVID-19
- Make use of the hand sanitiser stations and wash hands
- Sign the attendance sheet upon arrival
- Maintain 1.5 square metre distancing with 2 square metres per person at all times
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth; cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging or physical touching