Dated 18th March 2020
With the coronavirus situation changing rapidly, BSWA will be doing our part to control the spread of the virus. With immediate effect, the following measures will be implemented:
- Dhammaloka will be closed with the following regular activities / functions suspended:
- Friday night – Guided Meditation / Dhamma talk with live audience
- Saturday Meditation class
- Sunday Sutta Class
- Saturday and Sunday Dana
- Sunday Dhamma School
- Monday meditation class
- BSWA Annual General Meeting (AGM) which is scheduled on 28 March 2020 will be postponed. The current committee will continue to serve until we can arrange the next AGM.
- Songkran celebration in Dhammaloka will not take place.
- Ajahn Brahm 9-day Retreat (9 – 18 April 2020) will be cancelled for all participants
- Ajahn Jhanaratho Weekend Retreat (1 – 3 May 2020) will be cancelled
- Ajahn Brahmali 9-day Retreat (29 May – 7 June 2020) TO BE ADVISED
We will continue to live stream Guided Meditation / Dhamma Talk (without live audience) on Friday nights. The Monks and Nuns have made themselves available to do this live stream each Friday night. Ajahn Brahmali will be leading the meditation and giving the talk this coning Friday night. Questions can be addressed to him in the normal ‘live streaming’ way. The system has been serviced and is operating well. We will attempt to keep these talks happening right through this crisis.
We will continue to refine what we are doing based on the best information we receive from the Authority’s and Government. We will review this whole situation towards the end of April.
We understand that these measures may disrupt your routine, travel plans for those planning to attend the retreats, etc and hence, these decisions were not taken lightly. While this may be a difficult time for all of us as the world grapples with the impact of the coronavirus, let’s keep up with our spiritual practice and knowing, THIS TOO WILL PASS!
Please reach out to the following if you have questions related to:
- Retreat Bookings – Lay Har Goh at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: Email communication will be sent to retreatants impacted by the retreat schedule changes/cancellations)
- AGM Matters – Geoff Webb at email@example.com
- Other Matters – Amanda Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org
I send my kindest regards to all our members, supporters and friends.
May all beings be happy and well