It’s that time of year again when we encourage you, as a member, to offer your talents to help continue the good work of the Buddhist Society of WA in the coming year. Our reach across the globe has never been greater and your individual contribution will make a difference.
You are welcome to nominate for the following positions:
- Vice President
- Assistant Treasurer
- Assistant Secretary
- External Affairs Officer
- Online Services Supervisor
- IT Supervisor
- Events Co-ordinator
- AV Co-ordinator
- Buildings and Maintenance Coordinator
Non-Committee, Staff Volunteer Positions
- Community Co-ordinator
- Security Co-ordinator
- Editor for Enlightened Times
To find out more about each position please email Lay Har, Hon. Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some general details about being on the committee:
- You’ll need to attend a committee meeting, usually on a Sunday at 1.00 pm, every 2-3 months
- Meetings usually last 2 hours.
- You are asked to submit a short written report on your portfolio 10 days before each meeting.
- There are two aspects to your committee work: one is running your own portfolio, the other is contributing to the overall committee as a team member.
The Annual General Meeting will be held on Saturday, 18 March 2017 at 5:00pm and nominations close on Friday, 17 February 2017 at 5.00pm
Information about who has been nominated will be made available at Dhammaloka and on our web site https://bswa.org/news/ from late February and will be mailed out prior to the AGM to Full and Honorary Members who are eligible to vote.
We look forward to receiving your nomination and seeing you at the AGM on 18 March 2017.