Update: May 26th; new regulations on how a maximum of 20 visitors can stay on the property, not including those doping off food, please see link here.
Bodhinyana Monastery Community update 31th of March 2020.
We thank all supporters and volunteers who wish to come to the monastery. Please read carefully through the following information and share it with others you know who would like to come.
- We ask our community volunteers to take proper precautions seriously, during this time, so that we can all look out for the welfare of each other.
- Supporters who come to the monastery to offer food and dana, please come by 10.15 am at the latest.
- The dana or food offerings to our monastics is essential as it will be the main meal of the day.
- To ensure that we comply with the regulations in having only person offering dana to one monk at any one time, please organise a roster system between yourselves.
- Pindapat is cancelled, however a single monk will receive the food on an outside table in the patio area. The food will be transferred into monastery containers and then taken inside for the monks meal. We respectfully ask the community volunteers and supporters to leave the monastery as soon as possible.
- Kindly ensure that you maintain the social distancing guidelines strictly at all times.
- Please do not enter the main buildings such as the Dhamma Hall and Dining Area, all formal religious gatherings are suspended.
- We are doing our best to follow the current government regulations and are trying our best to look after the well-being, both spiritual and physical, of our community so thank you for your support and understanding.
- Also, the community may send in supplies from Dhammalokkha for the monastery, or organise for them to be dropped off at Bodhinyana via car pooling.
- We will update the community if there are any changes.
On a side note, Bodhinyana Monks will be offering some additional online teachings and meditations during the week, to help support our broader community during this time, please see the bswa youtube channel for the Corona Dhamma playlist.